This article simply shows the future of nursing and the openings that will be arising for nurses. Nurse entrepreneurs will be interested in this trend because it will facilitate better access for nurses to teach their patients; nurses who work in a health-care facility will also be interested in this trend, as how we nurse changes daily with the advent of new and better technology.
Let me know what you think of this trend, won’t you?
Study By Amy Tierney, TMCnet Web Editor
As more and more companies look for ways to cut healthcare costs, the adoption of telehealth services – the delivery of health-related services using telecommunications technology – is on the rise, a new report found.
According to InMedica, the medical research division of IMS Research, a specialist supplier of market research and consultancy services, healthcare providers will start to increase their adoption of telehealth technology by 2012. In a recent report, the company found that number of gateways used in telehealth applications will soar to more than 1 million in 2014 and reach about 3.6 million by 2018.
While the number of number of integrated cellular handsets used as telehealth gateways was low in 2009, they are projected to grow to more than 350,000 in 2014, the report said.
And with the growing adoption of telehealth services, so too, will the number of jobs for nurses and other healthcare professionals.
“The use of mobile phones as telehealth gateways has had a surge of interest over the last couple of years; with patients and device companies recognizing the benefits of data transmission on the move. We anticipate […]
Related articles by Zemanta
- Intel Study Reveals Telehealth Will Dramatically Transform Health Care (eon.businesswire.com)
- The Crossroads of Telehealth, EHRs & HIE (thielst.typepad.com)
- Remote Patient Monitoring and Telehealth (thielst.typepad.com)
- Telehealth Market: Slow to Start, but Ramp-Up Round the Corner (eon.businesswire.com)
- Aging in Place – with a little help from telehealth (thielst.typepad.com)
- Telehealth: A solution for the future! (thielst.typepad.com)
- Telehealth could improve patient access to care. Lower costs? (medcitynews.com)
- Telemedicine, telehealth, and telecare (medicineandtechnology.com)